Friday 15 November 2013

Underneath It's All the Same

Ok so I know Macklemore and Ryan Lewis' song 'Same Love' has been out for a while now, but I've only just come across it and I think it's absolutely fantastic. Usually I'm not into rap, but from the first time that I heard this song, I remember the lyrics made me stop what I was doing and just held me captivated. They're so painfully true about the things that gay people have to suffer and are right when they say how we should all fight for marriage equality because we should. It is true when they say that 'America still lives in fear' and it does, but the topic shouldn't fill people with fear because it doesn't define people. It doesn't change people. It shouldn't take away their marriage rights. It's not a choice. All that should matter is that people are happy and if loving somebody of the same sex is what makes people happy, then their happiness should be the important point, not what sex somebody's partner is. We should all take courage from this song and fight for this cause because marriage equality and homophobia is something that is a problem across the whole world. So let's fight.
Because underneath, it really is the same love.
At the end of the day, it's all just love.

Love is love.


So live on and be yourself.





No comments:

Post a Comment