Tuesday 3 December 2013

There's Something About It...

Ok so Grey's Anatomy is my favourite show ever. You know that people have 'their shows', well Grey's is mine. Last year I bought the box set of seasons 1 - 7 and I have to say, I did spend quite a lot on it (it was half of my months pay check) but I'm so glad that I did. I've only got a few episodes of season 7 left and I don't know what I'm going to do when I finish it because I don't have season 8. I'm going to have to BUY it. It's not going to be cheap either because it's still pretty new but oh well. I don't know why tv seasons are so expensive, it's annoying.

There's quite a few reasons why I love Grey's so much. I love the people and there's a character to reflect every personality type, I love the drama and how it's sometimes so unrealistic because how can people be that repeatedly jinxed, I love Meredith's quotes at the start and end of each episode and I actually love the medicine in it. It really interests me and I went through a phase where I was convinced that I wanted to be a surgeon and I even went to talks about it at college (let's ignore the fact that I didn't do any science-y A levels sshh), but it was only because I wanted to be Callie because she's the coolest. But seriously, the amount of medical things that I've learnt from it. I think I could actually perform brain surgery now, I feel that educated hah. I genuinely think I'd be a really great doctor. Although, any time that H has a headache, I'm like 'ooh you've got a brain bleed and you should really get it checked out', of which she has now started to believe which is the FUNNIEST thing.

The drama though. All I will say is....... the bomb episodes in season 2. OH MY THOSE EPISODES. I don't think I took my hands away from my face for the entirety of those episodes. They were so tense. Even if you don't have any intention of watching Grey's Anatomy, you should watch those episodes without a doubt. I remember seeing those episodes on tv the first time round and I was like 'what is this?' but watch them!!

I love Callie. She's so badass. I love her humour and I'm constantly laughing at what she says. I think everybody should channel some Callie Torres badassery.
And then there's Alex Karev. He really does say what he thinks and is the epitome of what everybody probably wants to be like but isn't brave enough. I don't know how he always gets away with it.
Whereas Meredith is a pushover when it comes to life, but she doesn't put up with any messing about when it comes to love, which I think is something that we can all learn from. Just don't put up with it. She doesn't give up until she has who she wants because she knows that it's right.
Cristina is such a workaholic but her friendship with Meredith is just fantastic. Even when something breaks them apart, they're back again.
George is just the male equivalent of Meredith which is quite interesting.
Ah, but don't forget about Addison. Addison is so cool too (even if people do diss her salmon scrubs - which I actually really like).

And is it me, but are Meredith's little quote interludes one of the best parts of the programme?
There's so many that I love. I mean 'You are my person' - is that not the best thing to say to somebody?
'Pick me. Choose me. Love me.' I love that too.
I could and have spent hours before googling the quotes.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment